COBRANS GAMING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COBRANS GAMING

COBRANS =(c)= COMMUNITY

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
=(c)= STANDARD TIME
Similar topics
    your STAFF !
    Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Sdye1410
    COBRANS=(c)=demo[pinoy]
    Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 B_160_400_0_FFFFFF_C5C5C5_FFFFFF_000000_0_1_1
    join US on facebook
    Online of the Days

Serverside Ranking and Awards

Go down 
    +6
    |DSA|MaxPayne
    =(c)=welyn
    © Kajaani
    Spielverderber
    =(c)=Severin
    Cobra_SFX
    10 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
    AuthorMessage
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Just thought id update you on some stuff ive been working on in the background, i know some of you wanted extra things ingame to make it more interesting so ive been working on making serverside ranking and awards scripts, early days yet but heres a vid clip of me testing on my local server, i dont have players to kill on my local network so i changed it to give me rank for suicides to test if it would work ...

So in my script after 4 suicides i told it to rank me as a Sergeant, and it worked Smile

Confused? dont worry, what i will be doing is giving players ranks based on their score, the higher you score your rank will increase, here are the ranks ...

RANK_0 Private
    RANK_1 Private First Class
    RANK_2 Lance Corporal
    RANK_3 Corporal
    RANK_4 Sergeant
    RANK_5 Staff Sergeant
    RANK_6 Gunnery Sergeant
    RANK_7 Master Sergeant
    RANK_8 First Sergeant
    RANK_9 Master Gunnery Sergeant
    RANK_10 Sergeant Major
    RANK_11 Sergeant Major of the Corps

What i havent decided yet is what score gives you which rank, i could also just do it for kills but SU34 pilots and Cobra Pilots would be top very quick lol! so best if its based on the players score which encourages teamwork and flag capturing Smile I was thinking maybe give them a rank after 30 points? That would make you need 330 points to be Sergeant Major of the Corps (you already start as a private), i know ive hit well over 200 points before so 330 will be achievable if you work hard, we can always adjust the amount higher if needed.

Your comments/ideas for rank per score are welcome, i will say we should not make it too easy and it will encourage people to stay longer to see themselves get ranks. Of course players ranks will be gone once they leave the server and come back later as this is just a serverside script and doesnt store the information., but i think peeps will come back to try harder next time Smile

Im also able to give awards ingame, i tested giving myself an award for using the parachute and it worked so awards can be given for armour kills, heli kills etc etc, ill be working on that one after i finish the rank one.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.mods-r-us.net

AuthorMessage
    Tetra
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Tetra

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:11 pm

lol
    Back to top Go down
    |DSA|MaxPayne
    the COBRANS challenger
    the COBRANS challenger
    |DSA|MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:26 pm

xd what? cant i correct people anymore? Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Lol
    Back to top Go down
    Tetra
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Tetra

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 5:52 pm

yea Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Lol Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Lol
    Back to top Go down
    |DSA|MaxPayne
    the COBRANS challenger
    the COBRANS challenger
    |DSA|MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:10 pm

rof Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Lol
    Back to top Go down
    Tetra
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Tetra

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:56 pm

,,l'' Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Drunken_smilie Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Lol
    Back to top Go down
    |DSA|MaxPayne
    the COBRANS challenger
    the COBRANS challenger
    |DSA|MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Icon_jokercolor
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:12 am

Ive put the server online with one of my mods, plenty of helis/planes/armour etc so the air and ground war should be fun, headshot mod included, unlocks included, fixed MEC heli included, AntiBaseRape included, will be adding the awards soon to test, rewrote some of it. Comments/Feedback appreciated Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:57 am

Players and all vehicles can go in the out of bounds areas now.
    The flags are setup so theres plenty of combat in the town area.

Would appreciate if peeps could join to get some attention from the public and maybe theyll come in to try it out too, need to see what it plays like when lots of people in there Smile
    Back to top Go down
    |DSA|MaxPayne
    the COBRANS challenger
    the COBRANS challenger
    |DSA|MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:28 pm

it´s nice server now Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks Max Smile
    Back to top Go down
    © Kajaani
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    © Kajaani

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Hehe it was fun to ride outof bounds with you Cobra Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Icon_razz
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:47 am

Yeh that does make a change eh, i will apply that to Pinoy if Dyes says yes Smile

Im going to tweak some of the weapons on my server too, M95 Sniper will be a 1 shot kill as it should be for a .50cal Rifle, any other weapon tweaks you think arent right?
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:38 am

Heres a vid messing around with Explosive Tipped Rounds with the M95 ...

Dont worry, i havent put it on the server, its too powerful, this was just a test Wink
    Back to top Go down
    © Kajaani
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    © Kajaani

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 6:15 pm

=(c)=Cobra_SFX wrote:
    Yeh that does make a change eh, i will apply that to Pinoy if Dyes says yes Smile

Im going to tweak some of the weapons on my server too, M95 Sniper will be a 1 shot kill as it should be for a .50cal Rifle, any other weapon tweaks you think arent right?

I dont like... dunno why Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Icon_smile
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Heh no worries, it was just something to do 1 night.

Update on script work ...

The headshot script i have been looking at adding a weapon detect bit and also a headshots count, so for like 10 Headshots with a sniper rifle you would get the Basic Sniper Award and an ingame message, also added a skill bonus of 1 point for a headshot Smile

AntiBaseRape script - Looking for a method of allowing Baserape when all flags taken.

Medals and Awards - ive added a basic award script to my server but havent had the time to test it yet, if anyone goes on there and gets over 25 kills let me know if you are awarded anything.

Ranks - Im looking at a way for a script to detect our clan tag and rank us as we enter our servers, need ideas on that like should we use ranks like we have at this site or just give us a rank like Sergeant or something?

Also still working on a Rank script based on a players score, ill try and get that on my server for testing too on my days off.

Looking into all kinds of script ideas really Smile
    Back to top Go down
    © Kajaani
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    © Kajaani

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 4:26 am

=(c)=Cobra_SFX wrote:
    Heh no worries, it was just something to do 1 night.

Update on script work ...

The headshot script i have been looking at adding a weapon detect bit and also a headshots count, so for like 10 Headshots with a sniper rifle you would get the Basic Sniper Award and an ingame message, also added a skill bonus of 1 point for a headshot Smile

So when this stuff gets into server?

AntiBaseRape script - Looking for a method of allowing Baserape when all flags taken.

Medals and Awards - ive added a basic award script to my server but havent had the time to test it yet, if anyone goes on there and gets over 25 kills let me know if you are awarded anything.

Ranks - Im looking at a way for a script to detect our clan tag and rank us as we enter our servers, need ideas on that like should we use ranks like we have at this site or just give us a rank like Sergeant or something?

Also still working on a Rank script based on a players score, ill try and get that on my server for testing too on my days off.

Looking into all kinds of script ideas really Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:16 pm

When i post i have added stuff lol, im off for 4 days now so will be getting back to work on them Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:20 pm

Ive put the TeamDeathMatch map back on my server, just for a week Smile

Oh i tweaked the M95 and the Boats acceleration and speed too, other script stuff ... think i found a way to disable the antibaserape once all flags are capped, its hooking it in between 2 scripts tho thats fiddly.

Also trying to make Admin chat commands so i can add x2 speed to the Jeeps for admin/fun nights just by typing "Turbo" in chat, if i can get this working i can add "tweakable effects" to any vehicle (just trying to make fun stuff for us to play with) Smile

Im back at work so my script work slows down again Sad
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 8:34 am

Just a little update on where im at, this script detects our clan tag and name and awards a rank ingame, the turbojeeps is an admin fun option for race nights or whatever Smile

Still some work to do but thought id show you some progress Smile

You can see here it is working now once more than 1 "ranked" player is on the server they show ingame, heres Lynns (Master Sergeant i told it to rank her), and yes - other players see the ranks Smile
    Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Clan_rank_2

Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Clanrank2_2

If you can all type your ingame name below here i will add them to the ranks so they show when you join my server, this is just a clan tag ranking and doesnt change (as a test), the plan is to rank everyone by their kills.

Ive already added some of your names go and join my server and spawn on any team, if you get ranked then your names already added, if not add it below this post, it has to be exactly as it is ingame with clan tag etc like this ... =(c)=Cobra_SFX
    Back to top Go down
    © Kajaani
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    © Kajaani

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Great job Cobra. I just tested it on Everlander and everyone had rank-thingy..
    By the way.. Is there phossible to use the "speed tweak" as hack in DEMO?
    (just asking havent noone using it on demo)
    Back to top Go down
    fighnjaci
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    fighnjaci

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:50 pm

hers my in-game:=(c)=FigHnjAci
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 8:50 pm

=(c)=_ChopperW}{ORE wrote:

Everlander doesnt have this on and only our clan members will have a rank (on my server - COBRANS Modding Server).

The speed tweak i made for fun, yes it could be used to cheat as its giving someone an advantage, on my server im running the TeamDeathMatch map which has no flags to capture, so its an ideal environment for it, it will only be used for admin fun with clan members or those quiet nights when theres not many players around.

Ok =(c)=FigHnjAci, have added your name too, let me know peeps if you get a rank when you spawn on my server, if not please put your ingame name here so i can add it Smile

Dont worry if the server is empty, it will only give you a rank if there is more than one player on the server, so keep going back and try when people are on.

Once i have most or all of your names in ill add the Rank script to Pinoy and Everlander Smile
    Back to top Go down
    fighnjaci
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    fighnjaci

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:16 pm

yeap,as u saw,it owrks,start adding at everlander and pinoy =)
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:16 am

Once i have everyone yes
    Back to top Go down
    © Kajaani
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    © Kajaani

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:19 am

=(c)=Cobra_SFX wrote:
    =(c)=_ChopperW}{ORE wrote:

Everlander doesnt have this on and only our clan members will have a rank (on my server - COBRANS Modding Server).

The speed tweak i made for fun, yes it could be used to cheat as its giving someone an advantage, on my server im running the TeamDeathMatch map which has no flags to capture, so its an ideal environment for it, it will only be used for admin fun with clan members or those quiet nights when theres not many players around.

Ok =(c)=FigHnjAci, have added your name too, let me know peeps if you get a rank when you spawn on my server, if not please put your ingame name here so i can add it Smile

Dont worry if the server is empty, it will only give you a rank if there is more than one player on the server, so keep going back and try when people are on.

Once i have most or all of your names in ill add the Rank script to Pinoy and Everlander Smile

WAZAAAAAAAA Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Icon_exclaim God bless CobraSFX
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Serverside Ranking and Awards
    Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next