COBRANS GAMING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COBRANS GAMING

COBRANS =(c)= COMMUNITY

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
=(c)= STANDARD TIME
Similar topics
    your STAFF !
    Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Sdye1410
    COBRANS=(c)=demo[pinoy]
    Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 B_160_400_0_FFFFFF_C5C5C5_FFFFFF_000000_0_1_1
    join US on facebook
    Online of the Days

Serverside Ranking and Awards

Go down 
    +6
    |DSA|MaxPayne
    =(c)=welyn
    © Kajaani
    Spielverderber
    =(c)=Severin
    Cobra_SFX
    10 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
    AuthorMessage
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Empty
    PostSubject: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Just thought id update you on some stuff ive been working on in the background, i know some of you wanted extra things ingame to make it more interesting so ive been working on making serverside ranking and awards scripts, early days yet but heres a vid clip of me testing on my local server, i dont have players to kill on my local network so i changed it to give me rank for suicides to test if it would work ...

So in my script after 4 suicides i told it to rank me as a Sergeant, and it worked Smile

Confused? dont worry, what i will be doing is giving players ranks based on their score, the higher you score your rank will increase, here are the ranks ...

RANK_0 Private
    RANK_1 Private First Class
    RANK_2 Lance Corporal
    RANK_3 Corporal
    RANK_4 Sergeant
    RANK_5 Staff Sergeant
    RANK_6 Gunnery Sergeant
    RANK_7 Master Sergeant
    RANK_8 First Sergeant
    RANK_9 Master Gunnery Sergeant
    RANK_10 Sergeant Major
    RANK_11 Sergeant Major of the Corps

What i havent decided yet is what score gives you which rank, i could also just do it for kills but SU34 pilots and Cobra Pilots would be top very quick lol! so best if its based on the players score which encourages teamwork and flag capturing Smile I was thinking maybe give them a rank after 30 points? That would make you need 330 points to be Sergeant Major of the Corps (you already start as a private), i know ive hit well over 200 points before so 330 will be achievable if you work hard, we can always adjust the amount higher if needed.

Your comments/ideas for rank per score are welcome, i will say we should not make it too easy and it will encourage people to stay longer to see themselves get ranks. Of course players ranks will be gone once they leave the server and come back later as this is just a serverside script and doesnt store the information., but i think peeps will come back to try harder next time Smile

Im also able to give awards ingame, i tested giving myself an award for using the parachute and it worked so awards can be given for armour kills, heli kills etc etc, ill be working on that one after i finish the rank one.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.mods-r-us.net

AuthorMessage
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Hehe thanks Smile

Something we need to discuss - what ranks should i give to clan members?

On my server ive just made everyone a Sergeant and Dyes/Lynn/Me as Master Sergeants, i can make any combination using the ranks from the game for any of you, i know this site has ranks of some kind in the order of the colour of your name, should i make something similar on the server (eg new members = Private First Class on 3 months trial hehe or ranking like this in order of highest rank going downwards, that would make Dyes the top rank, and new members a Private FIrst Class etc etc. let me know your ideas.

What do you think?

Also thinking of when i make ranks based on peoples score i can add a check to see what rank your already at and it would move you up a rank once you got a certain score, of course at the end of the map all this is gone EXCEPT our clan members who would always start with the rank i give them in the script Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Necromantic

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:28 am

im trying to get my battlefield 2142 to work and get my big comp fixed* feel free to friend me or whtever* thanks* feels loved :3
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:17 pm

Ok i have this so far ...

Our clan members get ranked upon spawning, Dyes, Lynn and me as Master Sergeants, the rest as Sergeants, also none-clan players can now get ranked, heres how ...

PFC = 10 kills
    Lance Corporal = 20 kills
    Corporal = 30 kills
    Sergeant = 40 kills
    Staff Sergeant = 50 kills
    Gunnery Sergeant = 60 kills
    Master Sergeant = 70 kills
    First Sergeant = 80 kills
    Master Gunnery Sergeant = 90 kills
    Sergeant Major = 100 kills
    Sergeant Major of the Corps = 110 kills

This means our clan members wont get higher ranks until the Sergeants achieve 50 kills upwards, and Dyes, Lynn and me 80 kills upwards, a small price to pay for keeping your ranks as soon as you spawn Smile

Ive also added some awards for Resupply, Engineer Repairs and Medics, this includes revives and giving health/ammo packs/repairs.

Ill also look at other awards now im on my days off Smile

Ill upload this to my server for testing, do join and let me know how its performing, all going well Everlander and Pinoy will get them too as soon as i get good reports back.
    Back to top Go down
    © Kajaani
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    © Kajaani

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:52 pm

=(c)=Cobra_SFX wrote:
    Ok i have this so far ...

Our clan members get ranked upon spawning, Dyes, Lynn and me as Master Sergeants, the rest as Sergeants, also none-clan players can now get ranked, heres how ...

PFC = 10 kills
    Lance Corporal = 20 kills
    Corporal = 30 kills
    Sergeant = 40 kills
    Staff Sergeant = 50 kills
    Gunnery Sergeant = 60 kills
    Master Sergeant = 70 kills
    First Sergeant = 80 kills
    Master Gunnery Sergeant = 90 kills
    Sergeant Major = 100 kills
    Sergeant Major of the Corps = 110 kills

This means our clan members wont get higher ranks until the Sergeants achieve 50 kills upwards, and Dyes, Lynn and me 80 kills upwards, a small price to pay for keeping your ranks as soon as you spawn Smile

Ive also added some awards for Resupply, Engineer Repairs and Medics, this includes revives and giving health/ammo packs/repairs.

Ill also look at other awards now im on my days off Smile

Ill upload this to my server for testing, do join and let me know how its performing, all going well Everlander and Pinoy will get them too as soon as i get good reports back.

Seems even better. Cobrans servers would be more poppular if there is working ranking system! Keep it up Cobra Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Icon_smile Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Icon_razz
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Ive raised the ranking to 15 kills per rank, so this should give everyone a chance to achieve the top rank before the map ends (175 kills) Smile

Ive added checks so if you are a clan member you wont be demoted to a lesser rank but will only start getting higher ranks based on your kills qualifying for the next rank, its running on my server now and will need some good testing Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:04 am

Ok i have my Ranks and Awards Mod uploaded to the Modding Server and Pinoy, do try it out and let me know any issues/improvements.

Clan members upon spawning will be Ranked as a Sergeant or a Master Sergeant, if your just watching the game and not killing up to 15 kills then this rank will stay with you until the end of the map, once you join however upon scoring 15 kills you will be ranked a Private First Class as will all none clan members, just keep killing lots of people to move up the ranks, 15 kills = move up a Rank Smile (I may change this once i have an idea of a rough average).

This will of course also clear at the end of the map.

You should also receive awards for Resupply/Engineer/Medic roles, ive also added Purple Hearts for deaths but this part is untested as yet.

Enjoy Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Tetra
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Tetra

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 3:28 pm

i have yesterday played modding server and i was not promoted to nothing ,i have played with snekarcik he was sergeant and i not where wass the problem? Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Icon_question
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:44 pm

You were added to the list but i need to know if you have colour codes in your name as they need added too, it has to be exactly as it was typed when you made your account.

The same applies to anyone else - i need your names for the clan list and need to know if it has colour codes etc in the name, if it contains colour codes or unusual characters i need to know them so i can add them otherwise it wont recognise you as a clan member.

Other stuff ... the ranks seem to work ok on the first round but not the 2nd and 3rd rounds, im looking at that now.
    Back to top Go down
    Tetra
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Tetra

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:04 pm

i have color i have the |cccc|
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Yah i fixed yours Tet, i also think ive fixed it so every round it resets the ranks to 0 for the next round, have added to my server to test it as what happens is on round 2 or 3 i think it remembers you had x amount of kills and doesnt give you ranks based on that and it should every 15 kills so hopefully this will fix that.

Did anyone notice they got awards for revives/resupply/health packs?
    Back to top Go down
    © Kajaani
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    © Kajaani

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:29 am

=(c)=Cobra_SFX wrote:
    Yah i fixed yours Tet, i also think ive fixed it so every round it resets the ranks to 0 for the next round, have added to my server to test it as what happens is on round 2 or 3 i think it remembers you had x amount of kills and doesnt give you ranks based on that and it should every 15 kills so hopefully this will fix that.

Did anyone notice they got awards for revives/resupply/health packs?

Yesh, i got Basic Medic Combat <3 Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Icon_wink
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:38 am

Ahar great stuff Smile

Ive added an ingame message to inform all that players get these extra awards when they receive them
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Ive added some more awards to the kills so at certain times you will get some extra Awards as well as Ranks, also introduced the Purple Heart and once you get to the top Rank you will get other awards, needs tested on my server, if ok ill apply to Pinoy and Everlander if they want it.

Heres a side project for fun nights ...

Back to top Go down
    |DSA|MaxPayne
    the COBRANS challenger
    the COBRANS challenger
    |DSA|MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 3:47 pm

now its harder to put C4 on those things Smile is it possible to make m-95 kill only cars too? i mean shouldnt cars engine blow up when about 6cm bullet comes through it?
    Back to top Go down
    fighnjaci
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    fighnjaci

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 4:37 pm

=(c)=MaxPayne wrote:
    now its harder to put C4 on those things Smile is it possible to make m-95 kill only cars too? i mean shouldnt cars engine blow up when about 6cm bullet comes through it?
    yes they should but obvioulsy these cars are built by superman and ironman...
    Back to top Go down
    © Kajaani
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    © Kajaani

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 5:55 pm

=(c)=MaxPayne wrote:

NO! 6CM bullet? Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Icon_lol Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Icon_lol Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Icon_lol Too much movies bro, 20mm ammo has like 6Cm bullet xDDDDDDDD Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Icon_lol Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
    Back to top Go down
    |DSA|MaxPayne
    the COBRANS challenger
    the COBRANS challenger
    |DSA|MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:38 pm

roflol, my cousin talked about barret so idk is his talks true, but anyways m-95 bullets does huge dammage to vehicles as well Smile
    Back to top Go down
    © Kajaani
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    © Kajaani

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:44 pm

=(c)=MaxPayne wrote:
    roflol, my cousin talked about barret so idk is his talks true, but anyways m-95 bullets does huge dammage to vehicles as well Smile

Much damage but it dont explode anything..
    Back to top Go down
    |DSA|MaxPayne
    the COBRANS challenger
    the COBRANS challenger
    |DSA|MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:48 pm

aaaaaaaawh Sad
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:10 am

That depends where you hit it and what type of round was used, yes in real life the Barret would destroy an engine as would most .50cal rounds.

Shoot a heli 5 times with the Barret and you should see it smoking, better still just aim for the pilot as a .50 will go through armoured glass Wink

I still think its underpowered in BF2 but ill leave it at the settingsi changed it to otherwise itll be mayhem Razz

BTW i was thinking of making all rifles fire explosive rounds for another fun night, ill keep you informed if i go ahead, they wont be like the Barret in my vid but may have an impact like an M203 grenade hitting you (and thats every round) Smile
    Back to top Go down
    |DSA|MaxPayne
    the COBRANS challenger
    the COBRANS challenger
    |DSA|MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:08 pm

you can see those on GWYD servers in every weapon, its good modification Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:07 am

Ill make it an admin option for fun events/craziness then Wink

My servers now running a full size TDM map, the Carrier has planes and a heli as does the MEC Airfield, i noticed a lot of peeps were missing their flying.

The flags are all uncapturable so its still TDM mode, the choice being Thrills and Spills with the Aircraft upstairs, or Mud and Guts on the ground downstairs.

Ive been modifying the Headshot script too, havent put it on the server yet as need to test it over the LAN, it basically counts how many headshots you have and awards medals for 25 and 50 headshots, something to aim for (lol) Wink

Still working in the background on the awards for heli kills/planes/armour/footsoldier etc, i have a version i need to test on my LAN, if it keeps track properly ill add that to the servers too.

Also - once you have got the top rank [Sergeant Major of the Corps], dont stop there, you will receive 5 more awards above this rank, the last one is presented at 250 kills, this version is on my server now and needs tested.

Stay Tuned Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Cobra_SFX
    the COBRANS furomer
    the COBRANS furomer
    Cobra_SFX

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 am

Oh and this for those who seem to keep naming this vehicle wrong, this is from the vehicles own files ...

KILLMESSAGE_VEHICLE_cobra"

(AH1Z)
    Back to top Go down
    =(c)=DYESTAVOS
    ADMINISTRATOR
    ADMINISTRATOR
    =(c)=DYESTAVOS

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:13 pm

Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Dyesta10
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.cobransgaming.net
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serverside Ranking and Awards   Serverside Ranking and Awards - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Serverside Ranking and Awards
    Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3